Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thursday, October 30

I took the bus to work (5 miles) and ran home after work. It was a little hard because I forgot to eat lunch (but I had a late breakfast.) Mile 2 was uphill, and so was a good part of mile 5, but mostly it was up and down, with a net decline, I think.

Weather: about 70 degrees, a bit windy (20mph from the south). Ran into the wind.
Started about 4 pm.
It took 58 1/2 minutes.
I took a walk break in the middle of each mile, 0.05 m.
Listened to: Genesis, Platinum, vol. 1

I had not run since the weekend, but I had good excuses. It's been busy, I had a horrible day Tuesday, and very heavy TOM. Also, in my last two runs, I've noticed my right leg getting a little sore along the side of the calf, and limping the next day. I figured out that my arch support needed replacing. I use the cheap over-the-counter Dr. Scholl's with the plastic inserts you put in for more firmness ~ I replaced the right one before the run, and the leg is not as sore.

No comments: