Thursday, October 23, 2008

I've Decided to Keep an Online Running Journal

I've been keeping track of my running in a Word document, but I think it will be more motivating to keep an online running journal. No one will probably read it, but just the thought that someone might read it, and know whether or not I am being lazy might make the difference between running and not running. We will see.

I am not going to try to make this blog interesting in any way. It is simply a running journal. I might also talk about my strength training and eating habits ~ anything that has to do with getting me ready for my big 5k (March 4, 2062.)

Anyway, since the Chicago Marathon on the 12th, and my 5k with Eddie a week later, I had not run until tonight. I put it off. I had four runs scheduled this week ~ 4, 6, 4, and 8 miles, and I waited until Thursday. That means I will have to run 4 days in a row, if I do all four runs this week.

So tonight I did 4 miles in about 44 1/2 minutes. The weather has been cold all day. It says 50 degrees, but it seems colder than that. I've been feeling cold all day.

But it never fails ~ by the first half mile, I am peeling off layers of clothes. 5o degrees is really perfect running weather, once you get started.

I started running at 6:20, so it was pretty dark out. I have a regular 4-mile loop that I do, but when it has been raining, I do an out-and-back, because the second half of the loop will have deep puddles.

No comments: