Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sunday, October 26

Ran 10 miles. (Actually, it was 9.7, but I'm rounding up, because I ran the last half mile carrying 2 bags of groceries, and I usually round down.)

Started at 5:10 pm. Time: about 2 hours. (Stopped timer to go into grocery store).

Weather: about 50 degrees, very windy (30 mph from the north)

I wished at times I had worn sleeves. I had a jacket, but most of the time did not wear it. I hate wearing anything on my arms when it's above freezing! But the wind did bite.

Walk breaks: 0.05 mi every half mile. (Miles 7-9, no walk breaks)

Listened to: (1st half) bluegrass instrumental music; (2nd half) Electric Light Orchestra

I was very tired throughout the run, due to lack of sleep and a big day, so the whole run was a slow jog. Some of the terrain was cross-country.

I have always heard about Body Glide, but I found out that it is not that great. I had a free sample from a recent marathon. I've always gotten along great with a Ziploc baggy of Vaseline in my pouch. It's cheaper, comes in less packaging, and does not break off in solid clumps. Works better, too! I'll just stay with that.

No comments: