Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Wednesday, November 26

I spoke too soon ~ a couple of hours after my last run, my right leg was in screaming pain.

This is very worrisome, in view of the fact that I have a marathon this Saturday.

I am putting all my hope on this strategy: I put two orthotics in my right shoe ~ the new Dr. Scholls on top of the more expensive new one.

I took it out on a 2 mile slow jog this evening, and am encouraged. It wasn't totally normal, but I didn't have the screaming pain afterwards. I did RICE as soon as I got home.

I know it is caused by pronation. My arch must be collapsing, and so my whole leg twists inward with every step.

My strategy for the marathon on Saturday is that I will do 1:1 run/walk intervals, wearing both orthotics. I hope that works.

7:20pm, ran 2 miles, moderately hilly, slow jog. Temp was in the 40s and dry.

2 comments:

Lesley Looper said...

How are you doing? Hope your leg is feeling better! Were you able to run the marathon?

Queen Sarah said...

Thanks for asking! Unfortunately, it did not go well. :-( I'm working on a post for my main blog, and I will update this one, too, very soon, to explain. I am benched for the time being ~ no more marathons for awhile. But I WILL make a comeback!